Blitz Bonus #1

May 2, 2013 at 12:00 am (writing) (, , , , , , , )

“Relief” went out today to a pro-rate venue who stipulates that you can submit a second story if they reject the first before submission deadline. I might try this if the first one comes back a “no” – it has worked for me before.

One last submission to go and then I’ll start edits on Traders of Skin, unless the galley for one of my novels with my publisher comes back for final review. That’ll take priority. They’ve been a tad backlogged for a few reasons, but since they are a family run small press and life happens, I always give them leeway. I would expect similar latitude if I suddenly hit a major roadblock that delayed me. I know that now that their schedules have cleared, they are catching up, so I should see something soon.

The nice thing about editing is I don’t stick to a strict schedule because it’s one of those things that can easily be overdone. If I spend too much time on it, my efforts get less effective, so when I need a break, I take a break. Maybe I’ll sneak some work in on Sifting the Ashes.

No word back on any other submissions, but no news could be good news. We’ll see.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: